I gave my own website and branding had a little makeover during the blizzard that hit New England this past week. A website is a window into a business and it is important to keep it up to date in terms of technology, information and graphics for a number of reasons.
- Fresh material keeps visitors coming back for more. Give potential customers a reason to come back by regularly post new content and updating images.
- Keep up with the Jones in terms of SEO. Like everything in technology, SEO is continuously changing. Some of the older SEO techniques do not work as well as they once did especially when competing against today’s equipment.
- Social Media Inclusiveness. Don’t be a social media outcast. Like it or not, social media platforms are here to stay and they are a powerful marketing tool. The platforms should be integrated into your website so that you can begin building online relationships.
- Mobile Compatibility. While it isn’t necessary to have a mobile website, it is imperative that your site be mobile compatible and/or responsive. More people area shopping the net than ever before and their mobile experience cannot be discounted as unimportant.
- Credibility. An outdated website or a website with errors effects how potential clients perceive your business. A competitor is only a click away.
So take a look in the mirror. If what you are violating any of the above website musts than a makeover should be on your 2015 to-do list.