Your domain name can hugely impact the way people and robots perceive your website and how potential customers perceive you.
There is nothing inherently wrong with this domain name until you see it in print!
Here are a few things to keep in mind when making a Domain Name Selection:
- It should be memorable. Short & easy to spell. Keywords and search terms are ideal. Generic words are invaluable but don’t be afraid to add a twist.
- .com continues to be the extension of choice.
- Some sites, like Yahoo, list websites in alphabetical order therefore domain names that begin with ABC as opposed to XYZ are preferred.
- Avoid using dashes or numbers to replace words it is confusing and inhibits search-a-bility.
- Register your domain quickly as the competition is stiff and, like airline ticket deals, domain seem to disappear overnight.
Where is the best place to purchase a domain name? While there are many options my go to source is Go Daddy. They have inexpensive package deals, lots of promo codes and good customer service comparatively.