Alas, the snow is melting but winter has left an indelible mark on the landscape. It is likely that your company website is a bit stale after its long winter’s nap. Here’s a few tips to freshen things up.
- Perk up the content with new seasonal material. Every has subject matter that is more pertinent at once time of the year than another. Take advantage of seasonal opportunities by freshening content and images so that visitors have something new to engage them when they visit your website.
- Is your SEO working for you? It’s easy to fall behind, see where you stand with Google. Is you competition coming in ahead of you on search pages? Perhaps it’s time to mix up your keyword phrases and page titles so they are more competitive in your local market niche.
- Get Chatty. Don’t be a wallflower on social media platforms – be an engaging conversationalist who adds value to the discussion. Be sure to include social media links on your website and blog posts. It will help you to building trusting relationships with customers.
- Mobile Compatibility. Google is now officially punishing those websites that are not mobile responsive. A review of the analytics of the websites that I manages shows that about 70% of visitors are on desktop computers, 18-20% are on mobile devices and 10% are on tablets. That means that about 30% of visitors are essentially on mobile platforms and that’s a big number to turn away if your website is not compatible with the mobile device.
- Credibility. If old holiday ads are still on your home page it is time to tuck them away for next year. Outdated material, misspellings and bad links are a turn off for visitors and your competitor is only a click away.
Once you’ve completed the spring dusting and cleaning your analytics report should perk up a bit.