Branding is the marketing practice of creating a name, symbol or design that identifies and differentiates one product from another. Branding is essential for all businesses as it enables them to make connections with their customers. Your logo is the foundation of your brand and your website, packaging and promotional materials should integrate your logo and communicate your brand. Here are a few branding do’s and don’ts.
- DON’T underestimate the power of your brand. Make sure that your identity is well defined and know your target market.
- DO keep your message simple but concise. Logos need not be complicated.
- DO stay true to your brand. Be sure to monitor marketing and communication efforts to be sure that your brand guidelines are being met.
- DO hold your brand to a high standard in all aspects of your business and strive to stand out in the crowd.
- DON’T be a copycat. You can’t compete with corporate giants but you can carve out your own market niche.