Your website is the face of your business on the web. It greets potential clients and provides the first impression that can make or break relationships. Here are five tasks that your website should accomplish:
1. Tell your story
A visitor to your website is searching for information about your product or services to make a more informed buying decision. Beyond that, they are looking to make a connection with your company. What makes your brand stand out above the competition?
2. Address Core Business Goals
Your website is an extension of your company and aims to achieve the same type of goals that surround your business. Your website is a powerful marketing tool that can generate leads. Make the most of the opportunity.
One of the main benefits of your website will be to educate your audience about your products and services. People searching the web are looking for information – they want to educate themselves.
4. Don’t be afraid to show off your assets
• You work hard to create awesome stuff. Flaunt it!
• Do you attend industry conferences or belong to organizations relative to your line of work? Share the experience.
• Do you create video tutorials designed to walk people through common problems? Make sure you share your YouTube channel so that people can find that information.
5. Create a memorable user Experience
If people enjoy their interaction with you, they’ll return to your website and maybe become a paying client. If they are not engaged they will likely look elsewhere.