Does your website have that certain je ne sais quoi that attracts both people and robots alike?
Expectations of your website are steeper today as visitors are demanding a higher level of interactivity in order to keep them coming back for more. Here are SIX ways to add magnetic attraction to your website that will help it to perform as a viable marketing tool:
- NEW CONTENT: Regularly spice up the content on your website with fresh information especially on the home page. Visitors will return to see what you have to say tomorrow or next week, as the case may be.
- ENTER TO WIN: Depending on the nature of your business, feature an ‘Enter to Win’ form on your homepage. This is an opportunity for you to build your email database as well as an indication that you are willing to put something into the relationship. For example, if you own a Yoga Studio you might want to offer the opportunity to enter a drawing for a free week of yoga by collecting a name and email address. Itâ€™s a simple lure but effective.
- VIDEO: Stimulate your audience with great images and videos. People love to click on an informative video link â€“ video has the potential to go viral and ranks high in terms of SEO.
- E-NEWSLETTER: Be sure to utilize that growing email list by sharing information with your contacts that go beyond self-promotion. Share tips and tricks of the trade as well as industry updates in an effort to build a long-lasting relationship with your client base.
- BLOGGING: A blog will have a tremendous impact on your website ranking. This is your opportunity to woo your audience as an authority in your field. It’s all about giving and sharing valuable information.
- FOLLOW ME: Invite customers to follow you on social media â€“ sites like Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest open the doors you to build a more intimate relationship with your clients.
The trick is to somehow feature all of these components on the home page of your website which functions much like a magazine cover beckoning passersby to take a peek inside.