I come across websites and social media pages on a daily basis that violates some of the most basic marketing rules today. There was a day when a simple ‘business card’ website would suffice as an online presence. That is no longer the case. Neither does it make sense to hang your hat on a Facebook Page and call it a day! If you are putting your name on any marketing platform you need to embrace it.
Here are a few marketing Dos and Don’ts:
- Look Good – Be certain that every piece of marketing material bearing your company name and brand looks good. Quality counts.
- Do Not Overuse Social Media – surprisingly enough it is NOT necessary to have a presence on every social network just because you can. Select the medium that best reaches your customers and do it well.
- Complete Your Website Or Social Media Page. Leaving it incomplete or outdated is worse than not having an online presence at all.
- Avoid Shameless Self Promotion – while your website should be a viable marketing tool that provides information about your products you need to offer more than that. Valuable, relevant information that meets the needs of your market will bring you far.
- Do Not Blindly Follow The Experts – test different approaches in order to determine which one works best for you. You might be surprised at the results. For example, Google Adwords does not work for everyone.