Email Marketing continues to be one of the most effective ways to generate new leads and educate customers about your products and services.
This week I received an email from a local day spa. The subject line read: A Few Openings Left Today to Save! And in the body as an offer to save 20% on a massage on that day. Even the available appointment times were listed in the email. Considering I had just pulled my back out the day before, the timing was perfect. While promotional emails are my least favorite they have their place in the marketing world.
Emails fall into FIVE basic categories:
- Educational – These emails answer a question or solve a problem for the recipient.
- Informational – This style of email is typically short and the intent is to convey necessary information such as the status of a recently placed order or an event reminder.
- Promotional – Promotional emails try to get the recipient to take action around a new product or service.
- Lead Nurturing – These short emails are part of the sales cycle. They are content-rich and encourage recipients to take action on your website.
- Newsletter – These emails update customers about what’s going on in a company and may include informative articles relative to their client base.
- Email marketing is alive and well – still holding a very prominent space in the marketing world.