Long-tail keywords are those three and four keyword phrases that are very specific to what you are selling. Customers who know what they want will be specific with the search phrase. Statistics show that the conversion rate to sales is far greater with long-tail keywords than with general generic searches. Generic searches are more consistent with a customer who is doing initial research and shopping around. Here are a few examples of long-tailed keyword phrases.
- Website Designer North of Boston
- Social Media Marketing Boston North
- Logo Design North Shore Boston
The two most important reasons to use long-tail keyword phrases in your page titles and content is because:
- The long-tail keywords are much easier for Google to rank
- People who search by using long-tail keywords are far more likely to become buyers!