It’s a known fact that video has a longer shelf life than static content and its viral capability is more powerful than words or photos. Just spend a few minutes with a media-savvy twelve-year-old and see for yourself! If a person is given the choice between reading content or viewing a video they will undoubtedly choose to click the play button. This accounts for the wild success of mobile apps such as Vine & Instagram that allow users to create and share video clips. With the evolution of the internet, accessibility in the palm of our hand, and the low cost of storage, video is no longer an asset reserved for mega-rich media conglomerates.
Anyone can speak their piece you just need to remember a few simple rules of thumb:
- Show Personality: Donâ€™t be afraid to muck it up. Thatâ€™s what makes or breaks the success of a video.
- Commit to a Series: Whatever your market, donâ€™t stop with just one video. Set up a schedule and invest the time to promote your brand.
- Make tutorials: Do-it-yourself tutorials are all the rage on the internet. Who needs to take a class when you can find quality online instructions for at no charge.
- Be Relevant: Timeliness is everything.
- Offer Testimonials: Social media is proof that people look to their peers for product & service recommendations. Video testimonials are a great way to capitalize on this opportunity.