The snow is slowly melting away but winter has left an indelible mark on the landscape. It is likely that your company website is also looking a little tired and could use a pick-me-up. Here are a few tips to freshen things up.
- Jazz up the content with fresh seasonal material. If you have a blog this is the perfect vehicle to use use. Nearly every business has a subject matter that is more pertinent at one time of the year than another. Take advantage of seasonal opportunities by freshening content and images so that visitors have something new to engage them when they visit your website.
- Is your SEO working for you? It’s easy to fall behind in Google standings. Did your competition pass by you in search results when you weren’t paying attention? Perhaps it’s time to mix up your keyword phrases and page titles so they better target your local market niche.
- Get Chatty. Don’t be a wallflower on social media platforms – be an engaging conversationalist who adds value to the discussion. Be sure to include social media links on your website and blog posts. It will help you to build trusting relationships with customers.
- Mobile Compatibility. No more excuses – websites MUST be mobile responsive. If you don’t have a mobile responsive website it is akin to have a flip phone. Google punishes businesses whose websites are not mobile responsive you will lose money.
- Credibility. If old holiday ads are still on your home page it is time to tuck them away for next year. Outdated material, misspellings, and bad links are a turn off for visitors and your competitor is only a click away.
Once you’ve completed the spring dusting and cleaning your analytics report should perk up a bit.