The lazy days of summer can be a great time for business owners to freshen up their website content before the fall season. Having a user-friendly and easily accessible website will certainly work in your favor so it is important that have you have just that. A complicated website can often put off visitors and you may miss out on crucial sales and website activity. Plus, with fewer people coming to your site, you might begin to rank lower on the search engine results page because it’s not being used. However, with the help of an SEO audit tool, you can encourage your site and its pages to rank higher on search engine results pages. In today’s climate, SEO is essential if you want your website to be a success so it’s something you must invest in if you want to be visible online. There are plenty of tools and resources that can be used to help you improve your SEO, or alternatively, reach out to a specialist who could help you. Here are a few ideas to put on your list that promise boost your ranking and help with SEO:
- Update the Copyright information on your website or information that makes reference to ” … years in business”.
- Double-check your business name to be sure that it is styled consistently.
- Update products, services, bios, employee lists, directories, and contact information.
- Freshen up portfolios, only include your best work.
- Check for broken links.
- Remove duplicate content to avoid being slapped by Google.
- Add alt images tags, complete META descriptions, update page titles, and check for sitemaps to make the most of SEO.
- Ensure Mobile Friendliness
- Try writing a blog or two – both you and Google will like the results.