The most daunting task that business owners face in the website design process is writing dynamic, inspiring content that will lure visitors to dig further into their website. When crafting web copy the most important objective is to be sure that your content speaks to the needs of prospective clients. The goal is to solve their problems and speak their language.
Here are a few basic tips to keep in mind:
- Use a Conversational Tone. Write like you speak and avoid stilted verbiage.
- Show your Passion. There is no greater sales tool than a business owner who wears the love for their work on their shirtsleeve.
- Use Testimonials to Build Credibility. What people are saying about you and your business matters.
- Less is more. Be clear and concise and avoid excessive tech talk where you risk losing your visitors.
- Focus on Benefits. Remember that you are solving a problem for your customers. They need your service or product and it is your job to tell them why.
As you peruse the internet be aware of the perils you face as consumers. This will help you to be an intuitive seller. A good place to start is on the home page which is like the cover of a magazine. The information on the cover should tell them all that they need to know. Flipping through the contents will give them a more in-depth view.
What should be upfront?
- Who are you?
- What is your specialty?
- What exactly do you do?
- What can you do for the client?
- Who are your clients?
- How can the client learn more about you?