That means, do you come up above the fold of a web page, on the first page of a keyword search for someone in your line of business? Here are a few tips to help to boost your ranking into the top ten.
- Be consistent with your company name. It should look the same way each and every time it is written or displayed. Ensure that your logo meets the four characteristics of a good logo (memorable, timeless, unique, and relevant) and establish guidelines as to how the logo and name with be displayed and used. If you haven’t got one yet and you are thinking over ideas, you may want to go to websites like GraphicSprings where you can create and make your own designs and choose the best one that suits your business.
- Actively seek reviews and testimonials from valued customers. They do make a difference. How often you have read reviews prior to making a purchase or selecting a restaurant? Claim your listings on YELP, Google, YAHOO and other search engines and then encourage customers to write a review even if you have to reward them with a glass of Prosecco in exchange for their effort!
- Don’t be a wallflower – it’s important to be active on social media. That doesn’t mean that you have to jump on every Sm platform out there, but make an effort to establish a social presence somewhere and then … post, share and like often enough that they know you care.
- Try advertising your services on Google AdWords or Facebook boosts. Both can helpful and boosts can be very specifically targeted. While advertising is not directly linked to organic rankings, more visibility with help brand recognition and, in turn, drive more traffic to the website.
- BLOG. Share valuable content and build a reputation as an authority in your field. You can then buy niche edits if you want to get these posts distributed on respectable sites online. The next time someone is searching for a topic relevant to your line of business, your blog post may provide the answer and, before you know it, you will be the go-to source.